Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
Examples include the following:
- Insurance reports: £104
- Insurance claim forms (e.g. holiday cancellation): £40
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (e.g. HGC, PSV etc): £100 + VAT
- Firearm reports: £40 - £100 + VAT
- Private medical report: £100 + VAT
- Private prescription: £20
- Private letter: £20 + VAT
Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
Some services are not covered under our contract with the NHS and we are therefore unable to provide them. Examples include the following:
- Hepatitis B for occupational health
There is no obligation under the GMS regulations for a practice to provide occupational health services for patients. That responsibility rests with the employer under Health and Safety legislation, and in occupations where there is a risk to health from any form of work related infection it is the employer's duty to assess that risk and, if present, to protect the workforce.
The same applies for healthcare students who often request a hepatitis B immunisation prior to, or on entering, a course. Medical Schools are legally responsible for providing a full occupational health service to their students and applicants.